ROCK YOUR MUSIC PROGRAM
Certificate in Preschool Music Education
Creative Music Lesson Plans
that help your kids feel like they’ve got a True Rock Star for a Teacher.
This certification program has been created with the support of the following organisation:
EARLY BIRD PRICING $195 (save $100) – before midnight, Tuesday 26th October +GST for NZ
Online Course starts
In Person Course dates
Designing a musical experience for small children is not as easy as it may sound.
Finding songs they love (and that won’t drive you crazy), and learning how to use that music to develop skills in your kids and achieve their learning outcomes in your kids into tools to develop different skills – it’s probably just one of the trillion things on that to-do list. Let alone trying to figure out how to come up with creative music lesson plans!
I am pretty sure that you are a brilliant educator and LOVE what you do. Working with kids is your PASSION in life. But there is this one small piece missing….
How can you create really engaging, fun music sessions without taking hours and hours of your time?
How do you just pull endless musical ideas out of your head on the spur of the moment without playing the same old songs on repeat? Or even worse just crossing your fingers and hoping that the other educator who can actually sing, will take over for you.
Where is your confidence hiding?
(Cue Disney music!) Where is that magic wand that will open the floodgates of musical creativity so everyone can live happily ever after???
In all my (lots and lots) of years working with educators and children, it seems to boil down to 3 key skills that will change your world when it comes to creating epic musical experiences with your kids.
CONFIDENCE in Music
– so you feel like can let go and be fun and silly with your kids and all the time knowing that they are still learning.
UNLIMITED MUSICAL IDEAS
– so you can keep things fresh and exciting and come up with new games, songs and activities at the drop of a hat!
KIDS are ENGAGED
– they sit on the mat (or stand, hop, dance, boogie, wiggle and stamp) totally involved and absorbed to the very last song (AND are begging for more!)
Once you have mastered these 3 skills then after that the rest is EASY.
You get to be the Rock Star in your own classroom whenever you like!
So are you ready?
Are you ready to Rock Your Music Programme??
Training in Action
Rock Your Music Programme
Certificate in Early Childhood Music Education – Level 1 and 2.
EARLY BIRD PRICING $195 (save $100) –
before midnight, Tuesday 26th October +GST for NZ
DOWNLOAD INFO SHEET TO SHARE WITH YOUR COLLEAGUES
This preschool music course is for Early Childhood Professionals
including teachers, librarians, parents or anyone who works with children and wants to improve how they use music as an educational tool. AKA they want to be a kindyRock STAR!
This is a practical course where participants will be up and out of their chair and learning how to bring music to life in the classroom.
The training will be held over zoom and will be recorded so if you can’t make a session you can easily watch it in your own time. The recording will be available for 3 months from the end of the course. There will also be a Facebook Group for sharing experiences and practicing those rock poses!
LEVEL 1 Confident Foundations
*Develop Rockstar Confidence – so you can run super
engaging and fun music sessions anytime and anywhere.
*Unleash your Inner Creative Tap – no more puzzling
over music lesson plans for kids because you will be coming up with fresh ideas every day.
*Rockstar Status – learn how to use your presence to grab everyone’s attention so that your kids will stay focused, interacting and engaged till the very last song.
kindyRock LEGEND (AKA add Jazz Hands)
LEVEL 2 Leading with Confidence
*Kids Can Create too – Learn how to transform your music lessons from your kids being passive participants to them taking the initiative and creating their own music.
*Fresh, Fabulous and Fun – If you have no time for lesson plans then learn how to create “on the go” music lessons by just grabbing the closest thing to you.
*Show us your Stuff – Use our safe learning environment to explode your confidence so that you can jump into any lesson with no embarrassment or self-consciousness in sight!
LEVEL 1 Confident Foundations (week 1 – 4)
- Why Music is SO good for kids brain development
- The Ages and Stages of Development and how music evolves along with that.
- Choosing the right songs for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and young children to keep them engaged and moving.
- Creating Spontaneous music times (perfect for those rainy days!)
- Top Tips for keeping children engaged right to the very last song.
- Making instruments from everyday items.
- How to use simple puppets to bring your music to life.
- Teaching Tips to keep your classes fun and fresh.
- Using props in your classroom – instruments, scarves, parachute and lycra and whatever else you have lying around in your cupboard!
kindyRock LEGEND (AKA add Jazz Hands)
LEVEL 2 Leading with Confidence (Week 5 -7)
There will be a practical demonstrating component to this level which will be done within a private online portal.
- Using one song in multiple ways
- How to feel confident using your singing voice even if you only ever sing in the shower.
- Advanced Teaching Tips for pros
- Using the 3 Cs in any music class – creativity, choice and change.
- How to get other adults involved in your sessions.
- Turning your kids into creative geniuses!
- Using “anytime, anywhere” props.
- Bringing Te Reo Māori and other indigenous languages into your music time.
- Working your music sessions into the curriculum and music.
- Understanding outcomes for musical experiences.
- Early years music lesson plans – How to plan a creative, engaging music lesson.
What people say:
“I run a small music group with other in home educators and have found the online kindy rock workshops invaluable to my sessions and how to engage the children better.”
“Music helps bring new learning to life. The children’s engagement with each other using your music is brilliant. It’s different, exciting and inventive in comparison to other songs I use, and I love listening to them humming the different songs throughout the day.”
Mary Howard From Ireland
“Judi is filling a huge gap in empowering teachers to keep music alive in the programme”
Fay Young, Early Childhood Teacher, New Zealand
“kindyRock is fresh and fun music. If I like it, the tamariki and their parents like it too”.
“I love that kindy rock is so simple and easy to implement into your ECE centre”
AE Auckland NZ
Rock Your Music Programme Online
EARLY BIRD PRICING $195 (save $100) – before midnight, Tuesday 26th October (+ GST for NZ)
- Starts Monday 1st November and runs for 7 weeks from 7.30 pm to 9 pm NZDT
- This will be held on ZOOM and will be recorded so you can watch the replay.
- PDF manuals for each week will be provided.
Have 3 or more coming from one centre? At checkout, choose the number of participants you are booking for and then use the promotion code ROCK20 at checkout for 20% discount.
Rock Your Music Programme
Of course we know that coming to in-person events is fantastic but unfortunately we can’t do it at the moment due to COVID.
Click below to enter your details to be notified when the training is back on.
Got a question? We’ve got answers
Will this help to satisfy our NELP requirements for Te Reo Māori?
Yes this will have a focus on using simple Te Reo, creating songs with the language you already know, some new waiata and some easy musical games and activities.
Will this be held anywhere else in person?
Yes we are planning to hold this in Christchurch early 2022 and then other regions if there is enough demand. When Judi can travel again overseas we will rock with you then!
Will there be any follow up courses or support?
Yes we are planning to organise follow up training for those wanting to go deeper plus some online support if you want it.
What experience do I need to start?
NOTHING! This will be great for absolute beginners and also those with some experience.
What happens if I miss a session?
All of the online sessions will be recorded and you will be able to have access to the recordings for up to 3 months from the end of the course.
Are there any tests or exams?
There will be some very simple quizzes most weeks in level 1 and in level 2, and there will be some practical activities for you to do.
What is the Facebook Group all about?
This is for people who want to share their experiences with others and is fabulous to connect people from all over your own country plus the world! It is super fun and will let you practise your activities ( if you want to) in a safe supportive environment.
What happens if COVID stops us doing the in person event?
We will either offer the parts you miss online or we will select another date, whichever seems the most practical. Of course in-person events are very special so we will try our very best to make them work!